Sunday, December 10, 2006

Christmas journal: day 3, 4, 5 and 6

Oke, I've got a cup of nice hot chocolate, a very ancient Christmas cassette (!!) playing on the good old stereo and some peace and quiet around here... (the boys are out this morning, having there Sunday trip together)


So it's starting to feel a bit like Christmas here already...
time to post a few Christmas pages from my journal!
I'd like to thank all you love ladies for commenting so nicely on my earlies pages!

Here we go for the next 4 pages:



Day 3 was about Chistmas cards... who do you sent them to, what kind of cards do you sent, etc. I made my basic list for this year... as soon as our cards are ready to write (I always sent hand-made cards; this year I'm trying to make them with Stach... ) the list usually grows...
The picture of the card behind the list is a detail of one I made last year...



Day 4 was about our personal dreams for Christmas...

I uesed a lot of pictures from home decor magazines... as you can see I like red and white decorations, a BIG tree (the kind that can ony be decorated if you use a ladder), a nice walk in the snow and after that being together as a family, having hot chocolate in front of a nice fire...
(Well, and maybe a secretly hidden gifts or two under the tree? Just for the fun of it...)

And it seems I'm a very lucky girl, because most of this can be accomplished!!!
We'll, maybe we've to leave the snow out of this picture (it's far to warm for this time of year...) and we celebrate both Christmas dinners at Gerard's and my parents home every year, so we cannot stay home together ALL day... but hey, I'm counting my blessings here!



On day 5 we were counting the day 'till Christmas...

I thought it would be fun to make a calender with little Christmas socks; one for every day...
You can fill them too, if you like...
I think this well be a nice idea for next year...



Day 6: our good and not so good memories...

I thought a lot about is, and finally I journaled only some good memories... not because it seems I don't have much bad memories about Christmas, but most importantly because I like to remember the good things... Let's nurture our souls with the good things and memories; there's already so much bad stuff in this world, don't ya think?



Here's a close up...



And another one... the star border is made out of felt...
I came up with the idea when I read Corinne's blog... she makes amazing pages with this ready made felt... (for you Dutch girls: go to Blokker or Xenos! Thanks for the tip Corinne!!)



Well, enough for now...

Page 7 and 8 are already done, and I'm working on page 9 now... try to show you tonight...


11 comments:

Chiara said...

your pages are absolutely gorgeous thank you for sharing

Sooz said...

I second what Chiara wrote! Your pages are gorgeous...love love love them. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pages- love them all! I have the same felt on my cover - LOL!

Jenn said...

Such beautiful pages! I love the felt, the distressing and all the little extras you have put into your pages.

staceyfike said...

i'm jealous of the felt border, i love it!!

Anonymous said...

PJ - Did you cut the felt shapes out or buy it pre cut? Please post the answer!

Kari said...

That felt border is **beautiful** What did you cut it with? Love you pages. Your style is wonderful!!

Barb said...

How have I not found your pages before?!?! Your work is beautiful.

Love that felt.

Latharia said...

All of your details are just breathtaking! Wonderful!

Debra said...

your pages are gorgeous also love the felt :)

Anonymous said...

Your pages are just lovely.